What does a Company Secretary do? If you are asking that question, then you probably need our services to make sure that you are compliant! In fact, the Company Secretary is a senior position, responsible for the efficient administration of the company, ensuring its compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, and making sure that the decisions of the board of directors are implemented.
Oaktree can provide a very cost-effective Company Secretarial service for any business to ensure that you comply with your obligations under the Companies Act, that you file in a timely fashion, and thereby that you avoid any penalties for late or missing documentation.
Depending on the size and structure of your business, the Company Secretary’s duties may include some or all of the following:
- Maintaining the company’s statutory registers
- Updating the records held by Companies House
- Maintaining the company’s registered office
- Advising the board of directors on their legal and corporate responsibilities
- Organising and minuting the company’s board meetings and AGM
- Ensuring company compliance with legal obligations
- Managing and storing the company’s records, e.g. investments, property, payroll, insurance, accounting, taxation
- Liaison between the company and its shareholders and stakeholders